Sunday, January 10, 2010

worried and run for karen

first, i am very worried about the amount of food and liquids karens takes in every day. for the last 2 weeks she just hasn't been eating (she usually takes 2 or 3 bites) and then says she is done and this doesn't taste good to her. now, 2 weeks later she is getting almost too weak to walk by herself. yesterdays hospital stay was an eye opener showing me that i must not be doing enough for her and getting the fluids and food in her she needs. she gets so mad at me when i try to get her to eat more. i have tried being nice, mean, reasoning with her and well everything i can. so, now if there are any hints anyone can give me or us, it would be great.

Andrew Stout, a long time friend of ours, has set up a facebook group and a website for karen. the site is www.runforkaren.com and the facebook group is also called run for karen. here is one more example of a great person working hard for us.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Doug, has Karen tried some energy drinks, or ensure/slimfast, or pediasure, something with vitamins and electrolytes. or something like yogurt, simple easy and small portion to help her keep it down?

Love and prayers for all of you.

Deb

alicia3 said...

Doug, this is Alicia (Schultz) King - not sure if you remember me. Try Scandishakes (sp?). They have many more calories than Ensure and will help give her a little energy. I know it is a taxing job on you too: I spent all day trying to get my dad to eat while battling lung cancer. You all are in my prayers.