Friday, January 15, 2010

Run for Karen

Hi everyone! This is Daren (Karen's brother if you don't already know). I'm sure you noticed the new link to the top left of the page. I know Doug was asked to post that same link (http://www.runforkaren.com/), but didn't go into detail since it is probably a little difficult to talk about a fundraiser which benefits his family. So, I thought I would let those of you know what is going on that might not have visited the site.

A friend of Karen and Doug has organized a fundraiser in which he and others in the New Jersey area will be running a half marathon to raise money for the family and kids. These donations have been made tax deductible which I think is pretty awesome! The website that has been created is really good and explains the whole thing.

Having said all of this, there may be some stuff in the works to hold some events the same day as the run in different areas such as Georgia and Arkansas. I still need to talk to a few other folks who might already be working on these things and we will see what happens. I will keep everyone informed and please feel free to give me some feedback if you would like. Just email me at dspurlock@pgtc.com and let me know what you think, if anyone is interested, etc.. I have to admit that I am a little reluctant because there are so many people who have given not only during Karen's recent battle, but even the first one five years ago.People have given more than I could have ever imagined whether it be monetary donations , donating their time and efforts, or just a simple phone call or card. But, I feel like Mr. Andrew Stout has laid a great foundation with this fundraiser and I owe it to Karen to do all I can as she would do the same for me. Thanks for reading and I hope to hear from you soon.

No comments: