Monday, January 11, 2010

a little better today

karen's elbow is a little better today and she seems to be feeling a little better. she still is not eating that much but she is drinking enough. she also told me that she felt her balance was better and overall feelings were good. i talked to her duke nurses today to try and get things worked out and they gave me many things to try. there may be a Rx we are missing that is a pill that should be helping with appetite and taste. i am not sure where that one has been or if we misplaced it but we need that one ASAP and they are going to get it for me hopefully tomorrow.

karen seems a little depressed and has mentioned to me once that she thinks the treatments are not working. she may need some friends just to talk to during the day. she tells me she is too tired to talk sometimes, but always enjoys talking to her friends and just does not get enough of that. sometimes her friends say "we didn't call because we thought everyone was calling so we wanted to give some space" over all not many calls have came. i have told karen that if she is getting tired and wants to get off the phone people will understand if she say she needs to go, so please remember, if you call she may cut it short and it is not your fault at all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would love to talk but all I have is the mailing address and blogsit. I will try to get the number from Lynette-I think about you and pray for you often!
Sheila

Anonymous said...

Oops! That should have said site!