Tuesday, September 1, 2009

walking

I got a call in the room from the nurses desk through the room call button. it was a little startling but i answered and the nurse called me down to the station. there karen and her therapist were waiting. karen wanted me to see her walk, and what was an immediate shock to me was that there was not the elaborate walking thingy bopper she had at emory. there was just this fancy four legged cane on her right, and a ace type bandage around her left foot and calf holding her toes up. karen stood up and started walking down the hall very slowly. the therapist was right by her side holding on for balance and to make sure she didn't fall but for the most part she was walking with nothing but that cane. it was awesome, and the joy in karen's face was priceless to me. she wants to do so well and be out of here.

occupational therapy is at 1.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah!!!! Go Karen! that is wonderful to be walking better!

Unknown said...

Go Karen! Sammi

cara ardemagni laroche said...

i don't even know karen, but i have tears of joy for her in my eyes!!! wonderful news. will continue to pray for continued progress.
cara