Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Support is Unbelievable

UNBELIEVABLE!!! This is the word that keeps popping into my head and keeps coming out of my mouth since Karen found out that our fears are once again a reality. I say this not because of the fact that the tumor is back and it consumes my daily thoughts that Karen will have to go through this dreaded process again, but instead because of the support that all of you have shown during this time.

As Karen's brother, I would take her place without hesitation just as she would want to do the same for me. This is just how it is when you have a close family. I don't think or at least I didn't think anyone else could feel worse or care for Karen as much as we do. I have to apologize to all of you for my perception. I am completely wrong! There have been so many people call or ask about Karen and constantly remind Doug and I that they are praying for her or they have put her on a prayer list at their church that it is truly unbelievable!! I hope you all know how much this means to all of us and please don't stop because it is as inspirational as Karen's attitude. Every time I talk to Doug, I ask him are the kids okay? He says fine. I ask if he is okay. Of course he says fine. I ask if Karen is okay and of course he says she is better than he is. But the thing we have talked about is the support that everyone has given them. It makes him feel better and I know from talking with Karen nightly that it makes her feel better. She always tells me of someone that has called or about the piles of cards she has received and she tells me she just can't believe it. She told me the other night about the donations they received from several people and groups both here in Arkansas and Georgia and she just didn't understand it. Again, what she told me was unbelievable. I thought that because of the money we raised the last time around that it would primarily be up to mom, dad, and myself this time to help them through the financial hardships that come along with this. Your donations have made this burden easier to share. She honestly felt like she should give it back. Doug and I have told her repeatedly that it is a true and honest reflection of her and how people feel about her. Has anyone ever met her for 15 minutes and not felt like they know her? Has anyone ever gotten her to quit talking for 15 minutes might be the better question? My point is that I am as shocked as Karen sometimes and just say to myself "unbelievable". This whole scenario is unbelievable, but you guys make it easier to take on. So again thank you and I don't think you will ever understand how much all of you guys mean to our family unless you have dealt with a similar situation.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love you Daren. Thank you for the updates here !