Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Tuesday Night the 25th

I talked to my mom a little while ago and she said Karen was doing fine. She was allowed to eat some solid food. Her right eye is now swollen shut, but she seems to be getting a little more feeling on her left side. She will have to stay in ICU tomorrow. We don't know if that is a result of something that was shown on the MRI this morning or not. The doctor will be in around 6:30 am Wednesday. The surgeon came by this morning and evaluated Karen and he seemed please with her recovery. He still thinks her left side will come back around and that is why he said all along that he would be cautious during surgery as to not do any permanent damage. A physical therapist will visit Karen in the morning as well to start trying to get things working again. I'll keep you posted tomorrow. It might be in the evening after I leave work or Doug might post. Thanks for the prayers again. Keep em coming.


Finally, in response to those of you who have asked how they can help or have offered money, I have opened a donation fund in Karen's name at the Bank of America. I chose this bank because there are some here and some in Georgia for those of you there. Please don't think I'm begging for money. I simply did it in response to those of you who have asked about it. I do know as many of you do, that no one can prepare for the financial burden that any medical condition can present to your family. Even with good insurance! There will be many tanks of gas used for doctors visits and all of the miscellaneous or "little things" that aren't covered by insurance. She will get paid for some of her time off, but not all of it. Again, Karen needs prayers more than anything and we will deal with the bills later. If you are one of the people wanting to donate, you will have to go to your nearest Bank of America and tell them you would like to make a donation to the Karen Means Medical Fund Established in Arkansas. Sorry I could not make this Internet accessible, but the bank will not let you give any info about the account over the internet such as Facebook or My Space.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

tHANKS FOR THE UPDATE - I HOPE EACH DAY IS MORE IMPROVEMENT THAT THE DAY BEFORE AS I'M SURE WE ARE ALL HOPING FOR THIS FOR KAREN. THIS BLOG HELPS SO MUCH !